Thursday, September 17, 2009

Added to my Halloween stash today!

Woo hoo! I made a haul today and on the cheap, too.

I had to go into work for a luncheon and so decided to stop at Goodwill and the Salvation Army Family Store in the neighboring town where I work part-time. I was really looking for ghosts for my Boo Bash, but found some interesting things instead.

I bought the most adorable ceramic witch's shoe that will be a great addition to my Witch's Kitchen. I also bought two witches that are stand-up about three foot each. One is battery operated, but I don't know if it works or not, but they were only $2 each, so I didn't worry about that. They are nice props.

I also picked up a lighted sign with a ghost and the word Boo! on it, a lighted pumpkin sign, a set of three pumpkins in the plastic sort of shiny stuff that matches all my other lighted jack-0-lanterns, a fantastically scary pumpkin head mask for $1, and a six foot tall Halloween screem guy. Again, I don't know if it works but it was in the box and looks good and was only $3! I'm not sure where he will go, but for the money, I couldn't pass him up.

I also picked up a black graduation robe for $1 that will be tall enough for DH in case he decides to be some type of a ghoul. I also got a couple of kids costumes for $1-$3 that I will use with masks in the bedroom hotels for props.

I've got to get everything out and do some inventoring to see where I stand and take some photos. It has been raining here everyday for the past week and I just haven't been able to empty out my trunk.

I have been working on my menu for the Boo Bash tonight and am just about through with the plans for it. I will share it later.

Things are really moving along. I wish October would get here so that I can decorate some. I am determined to not put up any Halloween until then. Even then, I won't do most of the Haunt stuff until the week before the party.

If it ever stops raining, I will get some photos of my fall decor for the Tour of Homes. Then I will add the Halloween things in before the posting day.

No comments:

Post a Comment