Thursday, October 8, 2009

1,725 pound pumpkin

With the price of pumpkin skyrocketing in the states this season, I would love to have this baby.
They say everything is bigger in Texas, but this potential king of all jack-o-lanterns wasn't even grown in the states. Click here for story

In addition to all that pumpkin and an enormous amount of seeds, the owner may soon hold the world's record for this pumpkin. She and her husband both compete annually and this year, her pumpkin outweighed the hubby's by around 400 pounds.

I remember one year my dear late MIL entered a contest at Walmart for a huge pumpkin. You had to guess the weight and she won. It was something like 58 pounds. Well, dear Ida didn't want the pumpkin so she had them load it into her car and brought it to our kids. Let me tell you that was a serious sized pumpkin. I can't imagine one the size of this one!!!! LOL My kids thought they had won the lottery with that huge JOL.

1 comment:

  1. Michelle from My Life in Pumpkins here. I'm jealous of your 58 pound pumpkin experience! Wow, I would have been so jazzed about that. (Not to mention a 1,725 pound pumpkin--I would not even know what to do with it!)

    ReplyDelete