Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Two months until Halloween!

I can't believe that I have not posted here all year. It has been a very busy year around the Haven Haunt. As many of you know my two nieces came to live with us last Sept. 1 and my life as I know it changed. When your baby is almost 30 and you are suddenly immersed in the day to day life of a 7 and 11 year old, it takes some adjustment.

The youngest remained with us until the end of January when she was granted the okay to go and live with her dad. The oldest is still with us and I am happy to announce that Audree will remain with us permanently, as my daughter was granted custody of her!!!!! Woo hoo!

Today is Sept. 1 and the anniversary date of her joining our family. The custody has been final for several weeks now, but today is a day of celebration here.

I have not totally neglected my Halloween planning all year and have been back in full planning mode all during August. I will be hosting three parties this year and things have been busy with the planning.

I am hosting my first all female witches Halloween party fashioned after parties of friends from the Halloween Forum site. Several posters there host a Witches Wingding and a Bewitched Bash. They have been doing this for several years and last year I read about it too late to plan one of my own. But, this year, I will debut my Be WITCHY party in mid-October.

WITCHY is an acronym for Wonderful Intelligent Talented Charming Helpful You. Be WITCHY will be a celebration of and for women, all dressed in their witchy finery. I will be writing more about the planning and decorating during the next two months on a regular basis. However, I wanted to drop by today and show off my newest witch prop.



This is not a very good photo of her, but she is adorable. She will greet guests as they come in the front door.

I spent last night working on the plans for the front yard and little courtyard area out front. More to come about this later.

3 comments:

  1. She's awesome! Can't wait to hear about your spectacular gathering!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great party idea! Good luck with your prop building.

    Cheers!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi, I found your blog from the halloween forum. Love your idea for the witches party...sounds like fun! Your newest witch prop is great!

    ReplyDelete