Sunday, October 18, 2009

Stretching Spider Webs


Stretching spider webs for decoration is hard work!

Our Boo Bash is next Saturday and I still have a lot to do. It has rained for so long here that I am really behind in the outdoor decorating and today was one of the first nice days in awhile when I have had time to work on this. I did get the backyard graveyard mostly finished and tonight decided to work on putting up my spider webs in the house.

I had forgotten how much you have to stretch the webs! This is major work and I really don't have the patience for this. There are people during the Christmas holidays who advertise they will hang your lights and do the decorating, why not spider web people for Halloween. I actually think that I would pay someone to do this.

Here is a photo of the fireplace area so far. You can see that I just sort of gave in and left the knots in some areas. I just have tons of this to stretch and string out.

1 comment:

  1. I hear ya!!! I recently invested in a web gun. Best $40 I have ever spent. And it is fun to use so all my friends line up to give it a try......I feel like Tom Sawyer! :D

    Cheers!

    ReplyDelete