Monday, September 21, 2009

Dragon's Breath Dip

I am still working on the menu for the Boo Bash and ran across this one. It sounds really interesting. I have heard that roasted garlic takes on a unique and wonderful flavor and this recipe seems to uphold that fact. I think I will give it a try for my BB.

By Linda Larsen, About.com
There are two heads (yes, entire heads) of garlic in this dip! (That’s why it’s called Dragon’s Breath). But I assure you, when garlic is roasted, it becomes sweet and nutty. This is one of the most popular dips I have ever served.Ingredients:* 2 heads garlic* 1 Tbsp. olive oil* 8 oz. Brie cheese* 1/2 tsp. seasoned salt* dash white pepperPreparation:Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Cut top 1/2" off the top of the garlic heads. Remove some of the loose papery skin, leaving the heads intact. Place each on a square of foil, drizzle each with the olive oil, and wrap well. Bake at 350 degrees 50-60 minutes, until the garlic is very soft and begins to brown. Cool until easy to handle. Squeeze each head to remove the soft roasted cloves.
In a food processer, process Brie cheese with the seasoned salt, pepper, and garlic cloves. You can also cream these ingredients together using the back of a spoon and a lot of energy. LOL

Refrigerate several hours to blend flavors. Serve with crackers, crostini, and sliced French bread.

No comments:

Post a Comment