Saturday, September 26, 2009

Cool Props for the Boo Bash Today





I went back to the Dollar Tree today hoping to find some more of the gory hands, but didn't find any. I had picked up a couple of the feet several weeks ago, but missed out on the hands. They told me that they won't be getting in any more Halloween. I am glad that found all the signs and things from there earlier. They really had a great assortment of things this year. My DD and DN let me out and went down the strip mall to another store, so I browsed around looking at everything and thinking outside the box for ideas for the Boo Bash. I found a couple of nice looking (if there is such a thing--LOL) snakes in the toy section. It says that they grow in water over a period of 90 something hours! I got two in different colors and patterns. I found a gallon jar in my garage that I had forgotten about. I don't have a lid, but will come up with some type of covering for it. I think they will be great for a prop in either the Ye Olde Magick Shoppe in my entryway, the witch's kitchen, or the apothocary area of the screened in porch.I also found some packages of life size flies, bat, locuts and other outdoor critters, and rats and other insects from around the house stuff---all in the toy section. I think they will have a great creap effect in jars. I also got two packages of monster looking teeth (with a set of three in a pack) from the toy section. You can't beat the price.I also picked up a couple of CDs of Halloween sounds and music to test.As I was checking out, the clerk asked me if I was interested in any window clings and I told her I had looked through what they had. She told me that she had a stack at the register that they had trouble displaying. So, I looked through them and picked up a pack of three clings of spiders, a large sheet of 6 glitter spider clings, and a large sheet of spooky glitter clings including a haunted house, cat, spiders, ghoul, witch, bats, etc.I have been looking for a crashed witch to go on the door from the kitchen to the garage. I found one today at the newly opened Spirit Halloween store and one a Target, but they were way more than I was willing to pay. These were all things that attached and were awesome looking, but I just wanted something simple on the door at the end of the long galley kitchen. The kitchen theme is a Witch's Kitchen. At the Dollar Tree I found one package left of a crashed witch wall door decoration! Of course, it is the design on a flat piece of black vinyl, but it fits what I wanted it for and the price was perfect!I was really pleased to find so many things for around $15! We had gone in the new Spirit Halloween store to look around and need I say it was awesome. Expensive, but awesome. I did get some good ideas of how to make some ghosts and how to display some things, so it was a great Boo Bash field trip.We also made a run to my fav thrift store, the Resale Barn, since DD hasn't found a costume yet. They have had a HUGE assortment of costumes and Halloween decor for weeks. They still had a lot, but are winding down. More people are thinking and buying Halloween now. I am so fortunate to have found all my items during the past few weeks before the supply there got low. She didn't find a costume, but I did pick up a cute wodden sign that has an arrow on each end and says: Witch Way? Hurry... They're Coming. The sign was only 99 cents! I also picked up an awesome bottle for potions for 49 cents.I love it and needed another sign for the kitchen door that connects to the entryway. I have another sign that says something about Witch's Way Diner that came from Dollar Tree.All in all, it was a great day of Boo Bash shopping for less than $20.


No comments:

Post a Comment